Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Nd application of Voltarol. The injury remains, What further

nd application of Voltarol. The injury remains, What further action should I take please?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Thanks. No medication . I have not consulted a doctor yet
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: No medications
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am in good health otherwise at the age of 87,,,

Dear Customer: Greetings, this is Dr. Basu, experienced Medical Specialist and former attending physician of Harvard Medical School. I am board-certified with many years of experience. I did review your inquiry and I am hoping to give you at least some high-quality guidance here.

Please give me some time to review your concerns. Please be patient with me as I am on and off the computer so responses can be delayed at times, but I will be glad to help.

Where is the pain located?

Any swelling?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Left thigh. No swelling. Clicking noise occasionally

Does the pain come down from lower back?

Probably muscle pain or hip joint arthritis related pain since clicking noise.

You can try over the counter Ibuprofen ( ANeurofen) 2 tablets with food every 8 hours for pain control.

Also Warm compress and over the counter Salonpas ointment ( topical lidocaine and menthol) 3 times daily application over the painful area will help.

Please consider physical therapy as that will help to strengthen the muscles and also traction to release pressure on the nerves.