Dr Hayat
Dr Hayat, Specialty Dr Internal and Critical Care Medicine
Experience:  Expert
113699036

I have had a funny turn strange feeling in my chest and head

I have had a funny turn strange feeling in my chest and head feels heavy
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?
Customer: no head feeling is new experience I have experience 3 occasions in last month with feelings ‘tingling’ in my chest and arms
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have felt hot since the last experience
Hi. Dr Hayat here.  Welcome to JA .

May I please know your age and gender

Any underlying health issues?

Any treatment you are on ?

Have you consulted for this earlier ? Any tests done ?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I am 64…on a proton blocker …had a blood test 2 weeks ago cholesterol 6.2 otherwise told ok had an ecg 2 weeks ago advised ok …this was after first funny turn

OK. Funny turns in this age have to be thoroughly investigated.  Common causes being the heart, Brain , inner ear that maintains balance and the cervical spine. Other causes include autonomic dysfunction.  Just an egg and cholesterol are not sufficient investigations.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.

You Need a complete cardiac work up to Starr with this includes a 24hr tape, echocardiogram, stress ecg and cardiac enzymes.

If the above are OK the next one is getting a head ct and mri of neck.

I would suggest to channel this through your GP. It shouldn't be ignored.

Meanwhile you can start on betahistine tab twice a day for symptomatic management.

Anything else I can help with?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Do you think I should go to Acc-Emergency if it happens again?
I think so. I won't ignore it..I would also ask you to stress on the GP for a complete work up or referral
Customer: replied 5 days ago.

Anything else I can help with?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Not at this time

Best wishes.  Please feel free to contact me if you have any further queries or need to follow up. I will be happy to help and guide you. Have a nice day.

Because I didn't take the phone call, your amount will be refunded in due course. You may have to tell the customer services.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.

Take care

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Bye