Dr Hayat
Dr Hayat, Specialty Dr Internal and Critical Care Medicine
Experience:  Expert
113699036

I had a nerve root block injection in my neck two weeks ago

Hi. I had a nerve root block injection in my neck two weeks ago with no anaesthetic. I had an infection after which has cleared however over past three days the pain down my arm and hand has massively intensified beyond anything I’ve felt before. It’s making me physically sick
JA: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?
Customer: yes
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no. Only that the pain is not manageable at home and I’ve got three snall children on my own.
Hi. Dr Hayat here. Welcome to JA.

May I please know your age?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
44

Any underlying health issues?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
POTS, allergy to lidocaine, iodine, contrast dye. I’m taking 600mg of pregabalin, 60mg codeine and diazepam daily and it’s still unmanageable

Will need to start Diclofenac 50mg thrice a day on top of all these.  If there is no response despite this in 24 hrs then plz see a Dr.  It might need a repeat MRI to see if there is any underlying focus of infection causing pressure on the nerves

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
How do I get diclofenac at the weekend?

Yes. Will need to get it from a walk in or urgent treatment centre.

Other options include online prescription from pushdoctor.co.uk Or Gogodoc.com

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Okay thank you. I’ll call 111 to get out of hours service. Many thanks
Anything else I can help with?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No I do t think so. Many thanks

Best wishes. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further queries or need to follow up. I will be happy to help and guide. Have a nice day

Customer: replied 13 days ago.

Take care