Dr Hayat
Dr Hayat, Specialty Dr Internal and Critical Care Medicine
Experience:  Expert
113699036

I need some information about contraceptives and period

Hello I need some information about contraceptives and period delays
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: My periods are very regular (24-28 days cycle)
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am expecting my period to start either today or tomorrow and next month obviously my periods are going to start around ninth or 10th but I am going on a trip on 12th for a week and during that time I don’t want my periods and I will be with my boyfriend on that trip so I also wanted to know what is the safest method for trying to go for contraception
Hi. Dr Hayat here. Welcome to JA
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hello Doctor
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Should I explain my soon again?
plz
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Okay so I am expecting my period to start today or tomorrow and next month I am going on a trip for seven days from 12th to 19th I do not want my periods during that time also I will be with my boyfriend so I am looking for the best contraceptive pill as well because I want to do the both things as and I don’t want my periods and I want to use contraception as well so I wanted to know how to go about it
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi ??
You need to start the combined oral contraceptive pill after this bleeding stops. You will continue it until you return back from your holidays. Then stop it once you are back for the bleeding to start.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you doctor

Anything else I can help with?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I hope I will not have my periods while having while I’m having these contraceptive pills and is that right

Yes. That is right.  Just keep going with the pills until you are done with the holiday.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Much thx doc

Best wishes.  Please feel free to contact me if you have any further queries or need to follow up . I will be happy to help and guide. Have a nice day.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you and you too

Tale care