Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I’ve had palpitations on and off since yesterday evening, no

I’ve had palpitations on and off since yesterday evening
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: no I haven’t seen anyone yet. I’m a kidney transplant patent so take immunosuppressants, controlled BP with Ibersatan and prednisone as well as medication for acid reflux and bladder
JA: Is this consistent, or is there some fluctuation in blood pressure?
Customer: my BP was higher than normal last night - around 155/100 when usual is more 145/90. Although when I checked this morning it was back to normal range
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I had a large scale reaction to a knock on my left elbow (which has my fistula) on 28 April - this lead to large swelling and heavy bruising - the arm is still painful.

Welcome to Just Answer.

Answers here are for education and information.

I will respond shortly with an answer or further information request.

Thanks for the question.

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 3-5 minutes.

Unless you wish to speak in person, you can ignore the request for a phone call automatically generated by the website, not by me.

With your medical history, it is prudent to get an EKG with palpitations.

Usually, palpitations are due to benign causes but occasionally it can be due to heart rhythm disorder so an EKG for precaution would be good.

Acid reflux, anxiety, medications, and electrolyte imbalance also can cause palpitations.

I hope your symptoms resolve soon.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.
Thanks for using JustAnswer.