Dr Kay
Dr Kay, Doctor
Experience:  Expert
114883404

I have had Covid for for 12 days just tesing negative. But

I have had Covid for for 12 days just tesing negative. But have bit of a cough and producing yellow smelly mucsu from nose. not nice. what can you suggest
JA: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: about 5 days it is not as bad as I normally get with a cold. I wouild not call it persistant. NO temperature.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
hi
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi just wondering if this will get worse, or will fade out after a while. Colin

I am sorry to know that. Nowadays lots of our patients are having these symptoms after getting COVID. This cough is definitely irritating but its indicating that your body is clearing of infection and going towards healing.

I will advise you on a herbal remedy in which you will take one teaspoon of honey with nigella seeds just a pinch of it.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I am more concerned with the yellow mucus from my nose which has an unpleasant smell.

Also taking steam inhalation twice a day might help you a bit to get rid of this annoying cough.

Yellow mucus is indicating that you might need antibiotics.

Sometimes sinusitis happen after a covid infection.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I would have to wait until Monday to see my Doctor.

Till that time I think these home remedies will definitely help.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok I will have a steam etc and keep on top of it until Monday Thanks for you advice. COLIN
My best wishes for your health .Have a great day.