How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Geyik, MBBS Your Own Question
Dr Geyik, MBBS
Dr Geyik, MBBS,
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 1858
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Geyik, MBBS is online now

Urinary tract infection, recurrent problem hospital

This answer was rated:

Urinary tract infection
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: recurrent problem hospital consultation arranged for August
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Antibiotic needed

Hello. This is Dr Geyik and I will be assisting you today.

If you have urinary tract infection and you are positive about that, I suggest you contact NHS 111. Unfortunately, we are only an online advice service and we are unable to prescribe medications as we do not have access to your medical notes. However, if you contact 111 now, they can prescribe it for you and send the prescription to your local pharmacy. I apologise for any inconvenience.

You can also try one of the following telemedicine sites as they do prescribe medications but NHS 111 is free of charge:

If your symptoms are only mild, you can try over the counter remedies first such as Hiprex or AZO urine infection medication, and you should drink plenty of fluids including cranberry juice which will help clear the infection.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Antibiotic treatment given for problem of this severity

In that case, NHS 111 is the best option to try as they are free of charge and they will send the prescription to your local pharmacy.

There is no need for a phone call and you can ignore any call requests

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
111 do not prescribe

They should prescribe medications as this is part of their job. I used to work for NHS 111 and I prescribed UTI treatments hundreds of times. You should ask them again.

You can try one of the other sites I mentioned above but they will have a fee.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Service is ajoke

NHS 111 can be very busy but they will get back to you.

You can try the Push Doctor or and they will respond to you within an hour if you are not able to call 111.

Dr Geyik, MBBS and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you