Zee J
Zee J,
Experience:  Expert
113630574

Since last two days got tummy ache been in touch with my GP,

Since last two days got tummy ache been in touch with my GP, As I suffer with IBM, I take Octavia 400mg twice a day, she said to increase my dose twice,also take Paracetamol,also to take Lansoprazole 30mg, I did yesterday got normal, today got who whorse, got lot of gas can’t eat, get lot burp lot
JA: How long have you been using paracetamol? Has it helped at all?
Customer: Since yesterday
JA: Got it. Have you used anything besides paracetamol for this?
Customer: no
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: as explained, IBM Colitis, high Blood pressure, Diabetic Type2,

Hello and thanks for your question. I’d be pleased to assist you. Kindly answer following questions for further advice:

Age? Male or female?

Past medical history?

Any medicines using?

One possible cause of excess gas is swallowing too much air when eating, drinking or talking (aerophagia). Certain foods and fizzy drinks can also contribute to this. Smoking can also contribute to the amount of air that you swallow. Some people swallow air as a nervous reaction.

Without the requested information, I can only give you a fairly general answer. I hope it is helpful.

Excess gas can also be caused by the normal bacteria in the colon producing too much gas when they break down certain foods. Foods containing complex carbohydrates, for example vegetables such as beans, cabbage and Brussels sprouts, are difficult for the human body to digest. They are broken down by the gas-producing bacteria instead. Foods that contain sorbitol, an artificial sweetener, can cause similar problems. Poor absorption of food by the small intestine like in IBD means that more undigested food reaches the colon, where bacteria can digest it to produce even more gas.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thanks my apology I did not know my mobile is on silent please phone me again thank you mobile***********

I hope you have received the call and advice

I am still here

Please do let me know if you have any further questions I would be happy to answer

Best of luck