Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I have question my mum got some pain upper stomach in middle

Hi i have question my mum got some pain upper stomach in middle going to her back It’s always painful in morning and then when she is relaxed the pain go away but when she start moving she start to feel the pain she is taking naproxen medication that helps her get rid of the pain
I want to ask do you know what it could be

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr K. I have over 25 years of clinical experience and look forward to answering your question. i may need more information from you, so I may ask for that. My goal is to provide a complete answer to your question and to be sure you are satisfied with that answer.

I am sorry that you are having this problem but will do my best to assist you and answer your questions.    It sounds like your Mom has acid reflux.    The Naproxen will make it much worse.   Acid reflux can be treated with an over the counter antacid like Mylanta or Tums.  It can also be treated with omeprazole.   No prescription is needed.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your question. Please let me know if you have additional concerns or need me to clarify something. I am happy to help.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
But she try to take omeprazole its only help her for couple hours but if she take naproxen then she is fine

Ok, thats great.   It sounds like she needs medical care.  You are going to need to take her to the Dr.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You think it could be anything serious or something easy to treat

Bear in mind that the website is for general information only.   We cannot know if its anything serious based on 5 lines of information.    It does sounds like it could be serious and I would suggest that she get medical care.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok but is it something with stomach or something else
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
But the pain comes and goes and its not sharp pain

I would suggest that your Mom get medical care

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok

Great, I am hoping you can do this.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok

No need to reply unless you have a question, we have to respond each time you do.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer. I would be pleased to assist you with a future question. You can request me by tagging me in your question or adding me to your favorites.