Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Expert
115571763

I have question my mum got some pain upper stomach in middle

Hi i have question my mum got some pain upper stomach in middle going to her back It’s always painful in morning and then when she is relaxed the pain go away but when she start moving she start to feel the pain she is taking naproxen medication that helps her get rid of the pain
I want to ask do you know what it could be
Hello , I am Dr Nickols M, it is a pleasure to attent to you.

How is your mother?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
She got upper stomach pain in middle going to her back but with naproxen medication she is ok

In which area of the following image do you feel the pain?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
From 1.2.3 and to back

Does she take any medication regularly?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Just naproxen

How long does she have this?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
About week

Please give me a moment

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok

Dear customer, it is a pleasure to assist you; I want to tell you that this type of pain is calmed with analgesics and anti-inflammatory drugs such as naproxen; the pain is likely of muscular origin, sometimes muscle contractures can cause pain of this type that improve quite well with analgesics. However, this situation should be assessed in person to rule out any other diagnosis or alteration causing this situation. For now, the most appropriate is that your mother continues with naproxen every 8 hours for two or three days only if she has pain. Sometimes physical exertion can also generate this type of pain, so intermittent rest, that is, if there is some physical effort to reduce the intensity or the type of physical effort performed, will be very useful. Also, sometimes muscle relaxant as pridinol or cyclobenzaprine can be very useful but already require a prescription.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok but can it be anything serious

Abdominal pains can be very misleading and for this reason should be evaluated by the doctor in person, however, as you can see, it is more important to keep in mind that if your mother presents vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, fever or general malaise, it is considered a situation that should be treated immediately by the doctor.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No that’s all

Have an excellent evening.