M Javid, MD
M Javid, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  American Board of Internal Medicine Certification in Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases
28778822

I have felt nauseous for 2 days now, I have a cramping like

I have felt nauseous for 2 days now, I have a cramping like a nervous feeling constantly in my solar plex for two days and I keep waking up feeling like I want to be sick, but nothing comes out.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No, not taking anything
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Hi, welcome to Just Answer.

I'm Dr. Javid, and I'll assist you today.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.

I need a bit more information.

How old are you?

Your gender?

Do you have any medical conditions?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I am 42 female no other medical conditions.
This happened last week for one day, and then just went away, this week it is Jill now 2 days, started yesterday after dinner.

Ok, got it.

I will answer in a few minutes.

Causes of these symptoms include gall-bladder inflammation (cholecystitis), peptic ulcer disease, gastritis (inflammation of the stomach), acid reflux, pancreatitis (inflammation in the pancreas), irritable bowel, gastroparesis (slow emptying of the stomach) to mention a few.

Normally we try PPIs, like omeprazole or esomeprazole for a few weeks (like 4 to 6 weeks).

You can get them from the pharmacy without a prescription.

If they don't work, then a 'scope may be needed (upper GI endoscopy) to look at the stomach and top of the small intestine under direct vision.

An upper abdomen ultrasound is also done, to look at the liver, gallbladder, and pancreas.

Blood tests like c-reactive protein (to check for inflammation), complete blood counts, amylase, lipase, total bilirubin, and liver enzymes (for pancreas and liver) are also done.

H. pylori can cause dyspepsia, so a test like a stool antigen may be done as well.

To have all this done, you can see your GP.

The 'scope is done by the GI Dr.

Some lifestyle and dietary measures to try as well

Take one serving of yogurt made from active cultures a day.

Avoid more than 100 mg of caffeine a day.

Avoid any alcoholic beverages.

Meals should be in small quantities, but more frequent.

Avoid high-fat, oily, or spicy foods till this resolves.

I hope this helps?

Please let me know if you have any questions about this.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks that is helpful. I will call the doctor on Monday if it carries on.

Welcome, and I wish you all the best.