Dr Hayat
Dr Hayat, Specialty Dr Internal and Critical Care Medicine
Experience:  Expert
113699036

I think I might have a UTI, the symptoms have gotten better

Hi, I think I might have a UTI, the symptoms have gotten better but I wanted some help if its available, even if its just some advice on how to help it get better before it gets worse
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No I haven't, it started sort of Friday ish I think, but my gp isn't open on the weekend and I'm in the middle of changing gp, I can't get my NHS number until Monday
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think so, there's no smell or discolour, the feeling like I need to go isn't as strong as it was, but it stings a little to pee and there is a little discomfort in my stomach afterwards
JA: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: A few days, maybe since Wednesday/Thursday ish? And there is only slight neausa after I go but its not major, and doesn't really effect me
Hi. Dr Hayat here.  Welcome to JA.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi, thank you for getting in touch
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I'm unavailable to call currently, if its okay id rather type. I also don't have that money right now to call

Yes sure.  Absolutely.  I'm happy to chat..

Let me just go through your symptoms again

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** my concern?

What treatment are you on ?

Did you have any urine test ? Cultures ?

Used any antibiotics?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I'm not on any treatment or antibiotics, my gp isn't open until Monday and I'm in the process of changing to a new practice now I've moved house. But I can't get my NHS number to do so until Monday
Any fever ?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No, my temperature is normal

OK. Please start cranberry sachet one twice a day. If it doesn't get better in 24 hrs then will need a urine test and culture and possibly antibiotics.  Preferred antibiotics are nitrofurantoin and ciprofloxacin

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Okay, where do I get cranberry sachets from? I can get cranberry juice, if that's anything similar? Sorry probably a stupid questionI always prefer to be safe than sorry with things, I wanted to try and put my mind at ease, so apologies if this seems like something stupid to worry about, especially if its mild

It's absolutely OK. You can use the syrup.  No worries

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I'll see if I can get some from the shop tonight, is the syrup the same as cartoned juice? Again, sorry if that's a stupid question, I'd just rather get it right
I would use either the syrup or the sachets not the juice

Anything else I can help with?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Okay, I'll try and get either or, and no I think I'm okay now, thank you for putting my mind at ease, like I said earlier on, its not as bad as it was, so hopefully its getting better

Best wishes.  I'm a text away if you need to follow up.  I'll be happy to help and guide.  Have a nice day.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Just looking at coop online, is the cranberry sachets the same as cystic relief? Because thats all I can find when I type it in, sorry

Yes. Its the same.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Okay fantastic thank you so much, have a nice night!

Take care