How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Nickols M Your Own Question
Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 535
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Nickols M is online now

Extreme GI discomfort including difficulty passing stools

This answer was rated:

extreme GI discomfort including difficulty passing stools whatever their consistency, , even a very tiny meal bloats my stomach and belly. feel ill and weak, loss of appetite, Want to sleep all the time, but wake in morning feeling far far worse and struggle to get up. occasional lightheaded and wobbly. .
JA: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: For quite a while and getting worse, occasional nausea but no vomiting
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Did have regurgitation but stopped after some Omreprazole

Hello, I am Dr. Nickols M. It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer

Could you tell me your age, sex, what medications do you take regularly?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I cannot answer by e-mail as your site is not secure. I am 83 female - bisoprolol, amolodipine
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I have already paid for my trial - which is not going well so far.

We can continue through this chat.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am a full time carer and cannot afford to be ill. I need help fast
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can you tell your system that it is useless sending text messages as I do not have a mobile.

Dear customer, it is a pleasure to assist you at this time, I want to tell you that this type of situation should be assessed in person to perform a thorough physical examination and a complete medical history to help us elucidate an accurate diagnosis, it is important to perform tests and studies also as the measurement of blood sugar levels and measurement of hemoglobin levels and hematocrit to help us rule out metabolic conditions and hemodynamic disorders such as anemia for example, It may also be necessary to perform stool analysis to rule out the presence of alterations that may be triggering this type of gastrointestinal situations, in fact, in the worst case there are more invasive tests and studies such as a high video endoscopy and a video colonoscopy, which is a study through which the patient is examined after the insertion of a hose and the introduction of a tube, after the introduction of a hose with a flashlight and a camera through the oral cavity and the anorectal region, after sedation of the patient, will help us to determine if there are inflammatory processes at the level of the gastrointestinal tract that may be triggering such situations, obviously omeprazole as a gastric protector is a very good option, but sometimes it requires other medications such as sucralfate suspension, taking 10 cc every 8 hours for three to five days, this medicine will help forming a protective film around the walls of the stomach and digestive tract to avoid gastrolesivity and irritation that can generate the acids of the gastric juice, it may also be necessary, an improvement in eating habits so the reduction of flour, fried foods, carbohydrates, bread, processed foods, sauces, ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, spicy, coffee and alcoholic beverages. It can be very useful to increase fruits, vegetables, vegetables, vegetables and fiber such as nuts, oats, peanuts and almonds, added of course to an abundant hydration of at least 3 to 4 liters of water per day, which will help clean the digestive tract properly and hydrate the fecal bolus, which often, being dehydrated, is often expelled with hard consistency after much effort and even pain or injury to the anorectal mucosa, as you will see the situation you have is really complex and requires a multidisciplinary management, which means that you need to be evaluated, not only by your primary health care physician, but also by a gastroenterologist and a specialist in nutrition and dietetics, I hope this information has broadened a little the picture about your health situation, I would like you to keep me updated about your health situation, I will be happy to assist you and guide you in everything I can.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would love to be evaluated by a GI specialist but this will not happen until the doctor decides that I should (I have asked) I eat very few of the foods you suggest I should not eat. I have increased water intake but even a very soft stool often refuses to pass. . I have had blood tests and all I was told was that I have elevated creatinine and am pre-diabetic. My haemoglobin is said to be ok so presumably I am not anemic - although I feel it and my gums are pale. Stool analysis showed nothing Something protrudes but I am, not sure what and massage with haemorrhoid cream pushes it back in. Most of what you said I am pretty much aware of but it is an uphill struggle to progress with my doctor. I get a 10 minutes on the telephone

I am very sorry for everything you tell me; I want you to count on me in everything I can help you and guide you. I see that it is a very complex situation you are going through; I hope everything is resolved favorably for you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for trying. I shall not stay with just answer as the whole system is far too complicated If I could just find some way of feeling ok when I wake, instead of like death. It takes until around 5 or 6 in the evening before I feel vaguely human - and I am eating less and less as it makes me feel so bloatedly awful

I understand, in this case, that the most appropriate thing to do is to file a claim with your doctor or health service provider to resolve this situation.

Dr. Nickols M and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you