Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Expert
115571763

My husband tested positive for covid last week today his

My husband tested positive for covid last week today his oxygen levels were 92 and temp 39 so he’s gone into Hosp by ambulance he’s 66 he is not having trouble breathing and the cough has lessened apparently they are now going blood tests and x- Ray - what do you think this could be for and what can they do to help him recover ?
JA: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: I don’t know he just text me to tell me he’s in trauma dept and having blood tests and x- ray
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Bhes started 5mg of blood pressure meds last Monday

Hello, I am Dr. Nickols M. It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer. How can I help you?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I’ve asked the question above about what they might be doing for my husband in Hosp as he’s gor Covid - no problem breathing but oxygen levels were 92 and temperature of 39 apparently they are going to take blood tests and have given him 2 shots of penicillin and he’s on a drip. is this about right?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I’d rather text

The call is an automatic offer from the system. we can cotninue via chat

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Please allow me a moment while I compose your response.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will ring the Hosp I think

When exactly did the symptoms start? Is he vaccinated?

Dear customer, first of all, I want to tell you that I am very sorry for the health situation that your husband is experiencing. All this that you are telling me can produce levels of anguish not only in him as a patient but also in the family nucleus that surrounds him, so I will try to guide you appropriately. Nowadays, the most important thing is to have a complete vaccination schedule of at least two doses of anticovid vaccine; you must take into account that this type of situation can be complicated in patients who are not vaccinated, however in patients who already have at least two or three doses of the vaccination schedule, mild symptoms may occur. Remember that the vaccine does not prevent the possibility of becoming infected but it does prevent the possibility of triggering severe forms of the disease, which is the one in which the patient requires mechanical ventilation assisted with a machine to help him/her breathe, this is hardly going to be the case for your husband if he is vaccinated, evidently a patient can have a covid-19 pneumonia which can be moderate with minimal oxygen requirements in fact an oxygen saturation of 92% requires a very low flow of oxygen to reach the desired oxygen saturation as for the rest of the treatments and the therapeutic strategy that the doctors are taking I want to tell you that it is the most correct so you can be totally calm about it, this is a matter of patience and a lot of family support so all the contact even if it is at a distance through video calls will be very useful to maintain a constant emotional and psychological support of the patient which will help considerably to maintain a competent immune system to avoid further complications, if there is a dynamic situation that may alter as the days go by I want you to please keep me informed of the health situation of your husband, I will be happy to assist you and guide you in everything I can.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you. And yes he is triple vaccinated
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I’m now concerned if he has pneumonia. He’s generally fit although a bit overweight

Yes dear, with a saturation of 92% he surely has pneumonia but don't worry that nowadays it is highly treatable even more having the preventive treatment with the vaccines so it is very likely that he will be fine in a few days and this is a simple storm that is happening in his life, I hope he will soon improve all this situation.