How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Caring doc Your Own Question
Caring doc
Caring doc, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 6600
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist. MBBS,MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Caring doc is online now

I want to know if I should attend the accident and emergency

Customer Question

I want to know if I should attend the accident and emergency department as I have been suffering with swelling pain and redness of my right leg and worried about DVT as my younger sister died of a pulmonary embolism in 2018.
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Any redness or swelling in the leg?
Customer: When I touch the area it's very sore and painful I've had my regular pain medication and that has help somewhatJA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No I don't think so I am a type 2 diabetic on insulin and have arthritis which I'm prescribed strong meds for zomorph 70mgs twice daily
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Caring doc replied 21 days ago.
Hi.Welcome to just answer.I am caring doc.I can help you today.

What is your age and sex?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I'm female and 53
Expert:  Caring doc replied 21 days ago.

Do you have fever?

Any breathing difficulties or chest pain?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I'm afraid I don't have enough cash in my PayPal account to cover any any additional charges. Sorry
Expert:  Caring doc replied 21 days ago.

It is ok,we can chat.

Respected customer leg swelling with pain,tenderness, redness and warmth can be symptoms of DVT,but there can be other possible causes like  cellulitis or infection.

In any case you need to see a doctor as soon as possible.

If you are not able to see your GP in 24 hours, it is best to go to Emergency room.

For DVT, the most common diagnostic test is a duplex ultrasound. This ultrasound combines sound waves and Doppler technology to visualize blood vessels and blood flow through them.The doctor can do other tests if required.

I hope it helps.

Let me know if you have any questions please.