Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

I had my ovulation yesterday since I had egg mucus.

Customer Question

Hello, I had my ovulation yesterday since I had egg white mucus. Unfortunately, I also had unprotected sex yesterday. I took an Ella one plan b pill today morning. I am on my 16th day of my cycle. I wanted to know the chances of pregnancy and if I should be worried .
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: connect me
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 19 days ago.
Hi,Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Sumanth. I've 17years of experience in the field of Medicine. I'm currently reviewing your query, be back ASAP.

Thank you for the information.
The time you had sex is a fertile time, if we assume your period would have been regular.
Coming to the effectiveness part of various contraception measure -
Plan B is over 87% effective if used within 72 hrs.
Plan B isn't the same as the abortion pill. The abortion pill ends an early pregnancy. In contrast, Plan B can only be used to help prevent pregnancy if taken within 5 days of sex. It works by delaying or stopping ovulation.
Plan B has 3 times the progestins, so it can delay your period, so it's not entirely unexpected.
The emergency method can also cause mood swings and you may feel more emotional than normal. This is due to the hormones in the pill and should resolve within a few days at the most.
So considering the above facts - the chances of you being pregnant are almost nil to zero.
But if still in doubt I would suggest a urine pregnancy test - after waiting for two weeks from sex - First Response Early or Clear Blue.
If you don't want to wait for 2 weeks from the suspected sexual contact - you may prefer a blood beta HCG test ordered online without a physician.
https://www.healthtestingcenters.com/test/blood-pregnancy-test-beta-hcg/
https://bloodtestinabox.co.uk/collections/pregnancy-fertility-blood-tests/products/pregnancy-test

This can detect a pregnancy as early as a week after the sex.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you today!
Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.
Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I understand the statistics about the plan B pill, however I am asking about my specific case, where I had unprotected sex on the day of ovulation. I took a plan b pill today ( 10 hours after unprotected sex )
Am I at risk of pregnancy?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Hello ?
you are at risk of pregnancy.

That's because the ovulation might have already over.