Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

For about a year I have been wearing an extremely tight

Customer Question

Hello, for about a year I have been wearing an extremely tight ponytail. It has definitely stretched out my under eye lids skin. My under eyelids are more saggy than before and lower down. It has even caused my eyes to become more dry. I was wondering if this is permanent? I am 18 years old.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 19 days ago.
Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 19 days ago.

I do not think so it's permanent. Just. avoid tight ponytails and gradually they will settle down as you are young and skin has good elasticity at this age.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you. I will be happy to help you if you have any other questions in the future. Best wishes.

Have a great day.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Hi yes I have not worn ponytails for about a month. My skin under my eyes is really bad. I also think it may have gotten worse I can not tell. How long to you think it will be untill I see improvement?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Also do you know what has caused this? Do you think the elastic layer has been damaged? If so will this ever recover? Thank you for you help!
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 19 days ago.

It might not be related to ponytail at all. It takes 3 to 6 months at times to recover. Use good eye cream and keep yourself well hyrdrated.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Okay I will use those tips, I hope it recovers in 3-6 months, I 100% know it’s the ponytail cause I pulled it very tight and I could see it stretching my eye I just didn’t think it would have bad effects. And as I wore the ponytail more it got worse. Thank you for your help tho I will stay hydrated and use eye cream.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 19 days ago.

You are welcome.