Dr Hayat
Dr Hayat, Specialty Dr Internal and Critical Care Medicine
Experience:  Expert
113699036

Mirena, My gf has the mirena, She's got severe back pain, No

Customer Question

Mirena
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: My gf has the mirena
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: She's got severe back pain
JA: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Gf has the mirena IUD but has been having constant back pain and stomach pain for the last few months and is hoping to get it removed but waiting lists for hospital is too busy. Could she visit accident and emergency if the pain was affecting daily life that much to get it removed this week? Or would they turn her away.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Also the questions I answered I didn't read them as I wanted to talk to someone asap so ignore them.
Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 20 days ago.
Hi. Dr Hayat here. Welcome to JA
Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 20 days ago.

If you specifically go to A&E to get it removed,  I don't think they will. If you go for a backache and in the history later on you mention mirena,  they MIGHT, remove it but still not something guaranteed

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Okay, it's just she's hard to stop working because of it.
Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 20 days ago.

Give it a go and see if it works

Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 20 days ago.
Anything else I can help with?
Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 20 days ago.

Best wishes.  Please feel free to contact me if you have any further queries or need to follow up. I will be happy to help and guide. Have a nice day.