Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Expert
115571763

My left ear was blocked and full of wax. Had micro suction

Customer Question

My left ear was blocked and full of wax. Had micro suction and thankfully so much wax came out of my ear even the audiologist was surprised. What should I do from now on to clean the wax build up in my ears? Audiologist said to leave it and never use cotton buds as it pushes the wax further inside. Should I use warm olive oil to soften and melt the wax to let it drip out? Or anything else?
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 17 days ago.
Hello I’m Dr.Customer It is a pleassure to me to atent you.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Oh Hi again Doc smile
How old are you?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
40

Dear customer, it is a pleasure to attend to you; valuing your intervention, I want to tell you that usually, our body naturally expels the cerumen that is created in the external auditory canal thanks to microvilli found in the external auditory canal that are in constant unidirectional movement removing all the cerumen from the inside out, in certain occasions some people suffer from dysfunction in these microvilli allowing the abnormal and pathological accumulation of earwax, this type of situations can be avoided with glycerin drops or any ear drops which can be administered one drop per day or one drop per week to soften the earwax and naturally facilitate its expulsion, I hope this information has served you as a guide in this regard, I send you a big greeting.