Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Expert
115571763

My daughter has really bad cystitis and is crying in pain -

Customer Question

My daughter has really bad cystitis and is crying in pain - she’s had nurofen and calpol
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: When she wees it really hurst ice helps a bit
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No thanks
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 18 days ago.
Hello , I am Dr Nickols M, it is a pleasure to attend to you
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hi is there anything else I can do to help my daughter?

How old is she?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Is it possible to get a perscription for antibiotics so she can start asap
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
7
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
She has had this before
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
had antibiotics which helped very quickly

Please give me a moment

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Are u still there?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.

Yes dear, I am here

Dear customer, it is a pleasure to serve you, I am very sorry for the health situation you have been experiencing with everything you tell me, I want to tell you that this type of situation is likely to require an adjustment of the doses of painkillers that your daughter is taking sometimes an increase in the frequency of intake of analgesic Nurofen can be helpful to, ie, for example if she is taking the painkiller every 12 hours you can increase it every 8 or even every 6 hours to improve the analgesic potency of medication, added of course to an abundant intake of water since it is of vital importance to increase the intake of water to have urine as transparent as possible which will help us to confirm an adequate purification of the urinary tract avoiding the accumulation of sediments that can contribute to infectious processes, in fact you could talk to her treating physician to study the possibility of starting with vitamin supplements based on vitamin C in pediatric presentation which will help to acidify the urine to optimize the elimination of toxins in the urinary tract.

I would like you to keep me updated on your situation; I will be happy to assist you and guide you in any way I can.