Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

I have bee taking initially 2 co-codam full strength tablets

Customer Question

I have bee taking initially 2 co-codam full strength tablets and for the last year 4 tablets at times. Prescribed for rheumatoid arthritis pain relief. Recently realised that they were not having any effect on the pain so on Wednesday am I took the final 2 tablets then stopped. From about 5pm yesterday I started to feel unwell-nausea and bile sickness, loss of appetite, headache, dizziness and vertigo and raised blood press.Should I take 3 a day and then continue to come off them slowly over a few weeks? Or do I continue until the withdrawal symptoms go?
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: continuous headache from yesterday evening after starting vomiting with some breaks after being sick. Ditto with the nausea.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Don’t think so
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 18 days ago.
Thank you for contacting Just Answer
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 18 days ago.

I am sorry to hear, yes it is possible this could be a sign of withdrawal. Therefore to be cautious, yes I would agree to reduce them over the next few weeks instead