Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I am a 76 yr old male with a number of complaints and taking

Customer Question

I am a 76 yr old male with a number of complaints and taking a cocktail of drugs as a result. My problem is, however, one of excessive perspiring. I virtually perspire from every pore of my body. In winter, it is simply a question of excessive exertion or unusual pressure etc. In a more moderate temperature it takes very little exertion. Just washing up for the wife can start me off. In this sort of climate I am really struggling to keep myself dry just sitting down. I dare not carry out any kind of task that needs any effort because I would be soaked in minutes. When it does happen it is totally draining, I feel completely knackered. What's my problem. Ps. My GP seems stumped, I keep having blood tests but no results. Hope this makes some sense. Wilbur A Notley.
JA: Have you discussed the blood tests with a doctor?
Customer: Yes, but he seems unable to draw a conclusion (diagnosis).
JA: Got it. Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: No, the only thing he's advised me to do is reduce the mg of my perindopril from 8 to 4.
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Not unless he needs a list of my other medications.
Expert:  Dr Kay replied 18 days ago.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hello, please call again, that was my wife answering the phone and she has a bit of a cold. She didn't realise it was for me.
Expert:  Dr Kay replied 18 days ago.

Expert:  Dr Kay replied 18 days ago.

Where to call ? You send me offer.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I'm sorry but I can't afford that money, I will have to wait and go through the system with my GP. Goodbye
Expert:  Dr Kay replied 18 days ago.

We can chat if you like.

Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 17 days ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Tetyana-moderator
Expert:  ravikumarr replied 17 days ago.
Hello, I am an endocrinogisr. The excessive perspiration is a common problem. usually no causes are found. but we have to make sure that all the possible causes are ruled out like hyperthyroidism, pheochromocytoma, carcinoid and rarely excess growth harmone (acromegaly). If all.possible causes are ruled out then a trial of oxybutynin can be trialled but it has got side effe ts like excessive mouth dryness

also any weight liss

loss

Expert:  ravikumarr replied 16 days ago.

thanks