Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Can you tell me how I could find out if I have ptsd, do u

Customer Question

Can you tell me how I could find out if I have ptsd, do u have a test I could do?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No, Im on thyroid meds, sleeping tablets and statin
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: Those above, sorry missed out paroxetine... Allergic to diclofenic
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No I just wondered if they could give me an accurate ptsd test
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 19 days ago.
Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 19 days ago.

What are your symptoms? Please elaborate.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
There's a lot of incidents of physical reaction to things that don't warrant that kind of behaviour, issues in my daily life and bad nightmares
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 19 days ago.

Thanks a lot for your patience and I appreciate it. Please wait, I am typing an answer and it may take a few minutes to write a detailed answer. In the meantime, if you have any specific questions, please let me know.

If you want a phone call, I am available to call you. We can stay in the chat as well. Regards
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 19 days ago.
Respected customer, thanks a lot for your input, and thanks again for visiting justanswer.com! A great place where you can find guidance and/or solution from real experts. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Even I would get tense in this situation. PTSD is primarily a clinical diagnosis. Yes, you might be suffering from it. You need to see a psychiatrist. He will do a psychiatric evaluation and then he will see if you fulfill a special diagnostic criteria called DSM5. There is no blood test etc to diagnose this. Here is a link for your resourceful learning;

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/post-traumatic-stress-disorder/diagnosis-treatment/drc-20355973

This is my initial answer so feel free to ask more as nothing is more important for me than your health and satisfaction.

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 18 days ago.

Lots of best wishes and prayers for your good health dear, respected, and valued customer. Your satisfaction is my prime goal. I hope we have discussed everything that you wanted? Thank you for choosing justanswer.com. Have a good day. "I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert. You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page by typing @ followed by my name in your next chat."  Regards