Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I have cervical cancer stage 3, The smelly discharge that

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have cervical cancer stage 3
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: The smelly discharge that had me suspicious was dealt with however it has returned Should i be worried? Is there a reason the smell has returned? i haven’t started treatment yet but have been fully diagnosed
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no that is all
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 16 days ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr K. I have over 25 years of clinical experience and look forward to answering your question. i may need more information from you, so I may ask for that. My goal is to provide a complete answer to your question and to be sure you are satisfied with that answer. 

I am sorry that you are having this problem but will do my best to assist you and answer your questions.     Do you have stage 3 cervical cancer or do you have dysplasia?   What treatment is planned.

A discharge with smell may mean infection.   It can also mean that necrotic tissue is present.  This means dead tissue.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your question. Please let me know if you have additional concerns or need me to clarify something. I am happy to help.

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 15 days ago.
Thank you for trusting Just Answer. I would be pleased to assist you with a future question. You can request me by tagging me in your question or adding me to your favorites.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 15 days ago.

I am hoping that you will respond to my questions so that I can help you more.   At any rate, you may have a vaginal infection.   In this case, you really need medical care.   I hope this helps to point you in the right direction.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Originally before my cancer diagnosis i was told it was a vaginal infection. I was given metronidazole. They DID help with the smell. I still had vaginal discharge but it didn’t smell at all. Over the past few days i have noticed a weaker version of the smell returning. I was in metronidazole for literally 3 whole weeks. I was given then as an inpatient while in the hospital and also sent hime with them. I am in A LOT of pain again but have been told that’s because of the position of my tumour. I don’t want to go to the hospital for a third time to be hanging around in a lot of pain for then to say its the same issue as before (position of the growth) which is also effecting my ability to pass urine (which i will be having a stent put in for very soon. No official date yet)
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have stage 3cancer.
A 5cm cancerous tumour i and on my cervix my pelvic sidewall possibly spread to a nearby lymph node. I am awaiting my official treatment plan i.e chemotherapy, radiotherapy l, brachytherapy and then a radical hysterectomy is the rough plan as long as the pet scan i had last week shows anything that changes this plan
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 15 days ago.
Thanks for clarifying.   It sounds like you need to ask for another course of metronidazole.  I’m assuming you most likely have bacterial vaginosis.   There is no effective over the counter treatment.    I’m sorry about this diagnosis.   Good luck with everything.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Oh, thats ok. Much better prognosis then I thought. I thought maybe something more serious. Although the smell isn’t fishy at all. Its more like decaying meat. I’ll see if i can get a go appointment on Monday. Thanks very much. Take care ..
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 15 days ago.
It could certainly be something more serious as I noted above, as it may be necrotic tissue from the tumor.    Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your question. Please let me know if you have additional concerns or need me to clarify something. I am happy to help.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hey
It’s definitely something more then Bv i passed a large almost clot looking kind of thing that was almost flesh looking.. i’m going to make an emergency appt tomorrow. But thanks
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 14 days ago.

That sounds like necrotic or dead tissue.   And yes, you should be seen on an emergency basis tomorrow.   Save the clot if you can.   Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your question. Please let me know if you have additional concerns or need me to clarify something. I am happy to help.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ohh really?
I will call 111 or go to the hospital
I didn’t even know there was such a thing. Thanks very much
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 13 days ago.
the tumor can cause necrotic tissue.   While you do need a visit, I’m not sure if theres anything they can do on an emergency basis.  I’m sorry.   Good luck.   Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your question. Please let me know if you have additional concerns or need me to clarify something. I am happy to help.