How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Arun Phophalia Your Own Question
Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 63500
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Arun Phophalia is online now

Morning, I’ve have an insect bite that has become swollen

Customer Question

Morning, I’ve have an insect bite that has become swollen and blistering, can you help?
JA: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: I was bitten on Wednesday , on the my inside ankle and start to really swell up yesterday. The swelling is starting to move up my leg
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have put cream on it and taken priton
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Kay replied 17 days ago.


Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 12 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer.

Answers here are for education and information.

I will respond shortly with an answer or further information request.

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 12 days ago.

Thanks for the question.

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 3-5 minutes.

Unless you wish to speak in person, you can ignore the request for a phone call automatically generated by the website, not by me.

Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 12 days ago.

Since anti-allergic medications are not helping you and there is blistering, you need a course of antibiotics.

You may seek an appointment with your GP or go to urgent care;

You may contact;

Walk-in clinic/urgent care


I hope your symptoms resolve soon.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need more information.
Thanks for using JustAnswer.