Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I need some urgent doctor’s advice. So I woke up this

Customer Question

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I need some urgent doctor’s advice. So I woke up this morning with swollen, red and burning feet/bottom of the feet, can oly step on my toes and not on the sole, also have a few other red patches on the inside of the skin, very itchy (not dry) doesn’t create much discontent on the body apart from the ones on the soles, . Never had anything similar before.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No, I haven’t seen a doctor yet. The only medication I take is Yasmin birth control
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I’ve never been ill/sick of anything in my whole life apart from a flu or a cold
JA: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?
Customer: No and no
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 15 days ago.

What is your age?

Do you have any known conditions like diabetes?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I’m 32 y.o.
No diabetes that I know

You are most likely to be suffering from arthritis.

Arthritis is pain and swelling of the joints. There are several different types of arthritis, including rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, gout, etc.

From your symptoms, it appears most likely to be Rheumatoid arthritis. This is a disease of unknown cause which presents with pain in the fingers, hands or feet with some swelling of the toes and stiffness. There is also associated rashes.

You should consult with a doctor for this. There are tests which can determine whether or not you have arthritis and your type of arthritis. You should discuss about the following tests with your doctor:

Blood tests like routine blood tests including ESR - which will be raised in arthritis.
Serum Uric acid - for gout
RA test - for rheumatoid arthritis
ANA - for autoimmune disease
X-ray of joints - to detect inflammation of the joints

These tests will help in getting a proper diagnosis.

Your doctor can prescribe various medicines which will help control the arthritis including prescription strength pain killers and other anti-rheumatoid medicines.

Meanwhile, you can take Tab. Motrin (OTC) for the pain. Also soak your feet in warm salt water. This will give relief till you get to the doctor.

Hope this resolves your query. If you need more help, just write back here so l can continue to assist. Stay safe!

Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you so much for the information provided

Glad to help.

Wish you best of health and a quick recovery. I would like to know of your progress, please keep me informed on this thread if possible.

If you require help again, you can always come back to the JA site and ask your question. If you want me as your expert in the future, you can mark me as 'Favourite Expert' and use the “Ask me a new question” feature.