Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Expert
115571763

I suffer extreme cardiac anxiety I have had around 38 ecgs,

I suffer extreme cardiac anxiety I have had around 38 ecgs, 2 echos, seen 3 cardiologist, 20+ a and e visits seen around 15 diff doctors and all my tests have been normal my anxiety was going fine until a girl close to my area died from a cardiac arrest while on the solarium, I also use the tanning bed she died from SADS, which is supposedly caused by an undiagnosed heart condition and does not just happen to any person would my tests have ruled this out

Hello, I am Dr. Nickols M. It's a pleasure to attend to your question

how old are you?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
20 male

do you take any medication regularly?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Sertraline 50mg

ok, when did it start?

Dear customer, I am very sorry for the loss of your friend, I understand that the whole situation around you can generate a high level of stress or anxiety and worry and this has a negative influence on all the symptoms you may be experiencing; I want to tell you that all the signs you tell me seem to be closely related to strong episodes of anxiety that should be treated with psychotherapy; many times several sessions of psychotherapy with a therapist psychologist can help improve this situation without the need for drugs; Sometimes it is necessary to start treatment with specific anxiolytics such as clonazepam and mood stabilizers such as antidepressants that help to improve this situation, if you have done so many heart studies and all have come out normal I want to tell you that you do not have to worry that this type of situation can improve satisfactorily with psychotherapy and fundamental recommendations such as increasing the time spent in open spaces, performing leisure activities, sports, good hydration and good nutrition at least until you can be assessed by a psychotherapist. I would also like you to keep me updated on your health situation to know about your evolution in the coming days; I will be happy to assist you and guide you in any way I can.