Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Expert
115571763

I have a chest infection ny dictor prescribed anti biotics i

I have a chest infection ny dictor prescribed anti biotics i told her i was allergic to . Can you help . I need prednisolone and have had before but not for about 7 years .
JA: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: I have had a chest infection for about 2.5 weeks its affected my voice now croaky and makes me have a dry cough after speaking for a bit .
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am 60 . I have had adthma since i was 25 but im rarely ill these days unless i get a bad cold and chest infection like now . My previous gp let me have a supply for emergencies because ive had this before but ive used those tablets now about 5 years ago .

Hello, I am Dr. Nickols M. It's a pleasure to attend to your question.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Im totally well generally . I got a bad cold and chest infection 2.5 weeks ago . The gp i spoke to said i didnt sound bad enough on phone and prescribed anti biotics i told her im allergic to . Im alletgic to lots of anti biotics thats why i requested 5mg white prednisolone im allergic to red ones . She wouldnt do that and dusmissed me after 2 mins and issue doxycyclune im sllergic to on my own records .
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have never seen this gp . I hardly ever get scripts i have put up
With this for 2.5 weeks . If i knew someone going to Turkey i wouldvask them to
Get me a stash from a pharmacy .
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
can you help or not ??

Dear customer, it is a pleasure to serve you, I want to tell you that what you are experiencing should be assessed by your emergency physician as soon as possible two weeks with an infectious process in the airways is a major complication in the bronchial tree that should be treated with specific antibiotic treatment such as levofloxacin in combination with corticosteroids that should be prescribed by your doctor in person after a thorough physical examination from the respiratory point of view that includes a pulmonary auscultation with the indication of laboratories and a chest x-ray which helps us determine the level of scope of the infectious process in the respiratory tree added also to the measurement of fundamental vital signs such as oxygen saturation which can be affected producing part of the symptoms you have all this also taking into account that the history of asthma predisposes to an easy complication of respiratory processes such as community-associated pneumonia or diffuse interstitial lung disease which is a truly serious respiratory condition and if not treated in time with the right antibiotics can produce severe complications. I would like you to keep me informed about your health situation; it will be a pleasure for me to assist you and guide you in everything I can.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.

You are welcome.