Dr Geyik, MBBS
Dr Geyik, MBBS,
Experience:  Expert
113018656

I’ve been having a lot more discharge then regular, pain

Customer Question

Hi, I’ve been having a lot more discharge then regular, pain when urinating for the past week and I have now woke up with what looks like 3 blisters or sore on the pubic bone of my vagina (not together like a cluster but separate
JA: How long have you been dealing with the issue? Are you in any pain?
Customer: yes and for 7 days
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Expert:  Dr Geyik, MBBS replied 14 days ago.

Hello. This is Dr Geyik and I will be assisting you today.

Can I please ask your age/gender and if you have any other medical conditions or allergies, or take medications?

Do you have any bleeding from vagina or blood in the urine, bad smell, fever, vomiting, abdominal or back pains, etc?

Also any recent unprotected sexual intercourse or exposure to possible STDs?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi, I am a 26 year old female on no medication also I do have a fish allergy. No bleeding from the vagina, blood in urine or bad smell I am in good health but I do have pain when urinating, a lot more discharge then normal and slight abdominal pain. The vagina also feels swollen! I had unprotected sex last Sunday with my boyfriend not been exposed to any STDs

Have you had vaginal thrush or urine infection before and is this similar?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have had thrush before and I wouldn’t so as my discharge is very clear and runny at the minute and it also isn’t as painful as my last urine infection
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have also got 3 sores on the pubic area this morning which are very sore

In that case, it is best to get testing first. Sores or blisters are not that common with thrush infection or urine infection.

You can still try over the counter thrush medication called Canesten to see if this would help.

You can also use Canescool which can soothe the area.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Okay, the vagina isn’t sore it’s the blisters on the pubic bone which are but the vagina feels very swollen and it has been for 7 days

Ideally, you should have a physical examination +/- swab testing. I am aware that it is the weekend and the options are limited.

You can call 111 or go to Walk in Clinic or A+E for assessment, or try over the counter remedies until you see your GP tomorrow.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.

You are most welcome.