Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I had what seems to be a blackout on Friday 17th I hit my

Customer Question

I had what seems to be a blackout on Friday 17th I hit my head nose I’ve been checking my bp the last one this morning 116/78 sitting 94/71 standing I’ve stopped taking my bp tablets
JA: When did you start using this medication? How severe were any side effects?
Customer: No side effects about 10 yrs i forgot to tell you I’ve done a covid test this morning whe had company last night
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about this?
Customer: no
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I’m type 2diabetic
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 14 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Please provide some more information so that I can provide you with a better informed answer.

What is your age and gender?

How long have you been hypertensive?

Have you been having any other symptoms since the blackout?

Have you seen a doctor for this? Any tests done?

Please provide this info and I will help you further with my answer.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Male I’ve been unsteady on my feet for about 2years this time I was sent to see a doctor Ross about 10-12 years

You need a full checkup for this. There could be several causes of such unsteadiness and blackouts. The causes you should discuss with your doctor are:

Low BP: Fall of pressure in a person can cause such dizziness. Rise of pressure or hypertension can also cause dizziness and flushing. As you had low BP, this is the most likely cause for you. You need to have this examined and ruled out.

Ear conditions: several inner ear disease like labyrinthitis, BPPV, etc. can cause dizziness.

Cerebellar causes: degenerative changes or other lesions of the cerebellum can also cause such changes.

Stress: stress is one of the prime causes of dizziness

Infection: you could be having a low grade infection like a viral fever, a UTI, etc

Neurological conditions: conditions like Multiple sclerosis, stroke, TIA, etc. may cause you to have such symptoms.

Diabetes: conditions like diabetes need to be ruled out.

Thyroid condition: conditions like low thyroid hormones can cause you to feel like this.

Cardiac conditions: you need to have a cardiac checkup to rule out any cardiac condition.

Kidney conditions: kidney conditions may also cause this.

You need a thorough check up to rule out all these conditions. You should ask your doctor to go for a physical and have these issues checked for.

All cases of dizziness need to be checked up immediately in case it is due to a serious cause. Hence you should approach your doctor ASAP.