Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

I've just had an episode where I wastwisting to pick up

i've just had an episode where I wastwisting to pick up somethin from the floor, and my neck cracked, and I felt dizzy, and my left leg was tingling
JA: How long have you had the tingling? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: no all odd feelings have gone now
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about the tingling?
Customer: no---it only happened just now, but I had a car accident onthe 8th June
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no
Hi,Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Sumanth. I've 17years of experience in the field of Medicine. I'm currently reviewing your query, be back ASAP.

Hello... I understand your concern. I need some more information please.

1. May I know your age and gender please?

2. How long has this pain been there for?

3. Is it only pain or is there any tingling and numbness too?

4. Is the pain aggravated by movement?

5. Has it started after any unaccustomed work or heavy exercise or weight lifting or an injury or fall?

6. Are you a hypertensive or diabetic?

7. Is there any personal or family history of kidney stones please and is the pain radiating from loin to groin?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Female 87
Calling you now as per your request madam.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok

Thank you for getting back with the requested necessary information.

From your symptom analysis and correlating it with the history that I have gathered from you I feel that the possibilities here are -

1. Muscular spasm or a pull of the tendon in the region which is caused by the bending or abnormal posture.

My suggestion will be to take tablet Ibuprofen 400mg or Tylenol 650mg three times a day after food or on as and when required basis for a couple of days till the pain subsides.

If you are not better with this even after a week or if the pain is getting aggravated or if you are perceiving any redness or swelling or heat over the region then you will require medical attention please.

Your physician might prescribe muscle relaxant which will set things right.

2. Although extremely unlikely vertebral compression or disc protrusion related radiculopathy has to be evaluated, if you are not better even after a week and your physician might ask for MRI spine to confirm the diagnosis please.

3. Idiopathic Peripheral neuropathy.

Idiopathic sensory-motor polyneuropathy is an illness where sensory and motor nerves of the peripheral nervous system are affected and no obvious underlying cause is found.

Need not worry anything serious neurological going on please.

I suggest you take neuro-vitamins available as tablet Neurobion Forte - taken one tablet once a day for 3 months please.

You can buy it online here -

https://www.amazon.com/Neurobion-CLASSICO-Tablets-Vitamin-Booster/dp/B003KI53T2

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/392836729241?hash=item5b76e4c999:g:sU4AAOSwgMxe5Mts

Meanwhile -

1. Keep yourself well hydrated.

2. Do not strain or lift heavy weights.

3. Do not do any abnormal, unaccustomed exercises or postures.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you today!

Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Done

I wish you an early recovery!

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease.

In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime. You’ll have the option to do that on your “My Questions” page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can add me as a favorite Expert then type @ followed by my name in your next chat.

You can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

You need to start your question with my name referred as Dr Amperayani only.