Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

How I do cure anxiety in my stomach, 2 months. I am taking

Customer Question

How I do cure anxiety in my stomach
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: 2 months. I am taking anti depressants, but they are not working.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am being treated for cancer. But I have been given the all clear. My wife had a stroke 3 months ago, and is unable to walk.
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 15 days ago.

You are having anxiety disorder.

There is generally no specific root cause of this anxiety disorder. it is now believed to be a physical problem due to lack of serotonin in the brain.

You should consult a psychiatrist for this. Psychological diseases are as much diseases as physical diseases. We need to get them treated as matter of factly as we treat a physical disease. There are a wide range of drugs anti anxiety drugs which will no doubt help you to regain control of your life.If you cannot get a direct appointment with a psychiatrist, you should show your Primary Doctor or your GP. If necessary your GP or Primary will refer you to a psychiatrist.

Dont try to deal with this alone. Get help, show your doctor. Anxiety is a very common medical condition in the modern age, and you must deal with this medically. A very large number of people suffer from this and have been able to find help through medicines and counselling which your doctor can prescribe for you.

If you do not have a doctor or a psychiatrist, you need to google 'psychiatrist near me' to see a list of practices, and then choose one and call and make an appointment.

Some steps you can take for now are:

Chamom

Lots of fluids - water, juice, Gatorade.

Vt. C, Zinc and Vitamin B complex supplements -you can get this at your pharmacy.

Regular exercise - take 30 minutes of walk 5 times a week at the minimum. This is the most important step.

Maintain optimal weight – check your BMI on the net, its easily done. If you are overweight, try to reduce weight by at least 5 pounds, this will help greatly.

Avoid smoking, cut down on alcohol, cut down on caffeine

Regular hours of sleep - this is most important.

These steps will help, but you should consult your doctor or a psychiatrist at the earliest for this.

Hope this resolves your query. If you need more help, just write back here so l can continue to assist. Stay safe!

Dr. P. Jyoti