Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

My husband has been sick a few times after drinking alcohol

Customer Question

My husband has been sick a few times after drinking alcohol and it seems to be black stuff that's coming up could he have an ulcer and should he go to a doctor
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No doctor yet anxiety tablets
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: He use to drink Guinness now he drinks Heineken which l think makes it worse
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 16 days ago.

This is something for which you need to go to the ANE immediately. He is likely to be having bleeding in the stomach. This could be from esophageal varices which develop in drinkers. This could be a serious situation, you need to get to the hospital urgently. You can call 999 and ask for an ambulance, this warrants a call to 999.

Hope this resolves your query. If you need more help, just write back here so l can continue to assist. Stay safe!

Dr. P. Jyoti