Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I would like to speak with an ear expert regarding a recent

Customer Question

Hello I would like to speak with an ear expert regarding a recent finding in mri of a high riding jugular bulb after years of tinnitus and now sudden vision and dizzy and pain in left head behind eyes also
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 14 days ago.

Please share your MRI report

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
File attached (PZ21VMZ)
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Did you recieve the mri report

Yes, I am reviewing it

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok I wish I could take the call however I lost my job because of this and Can’t afford as I’m seeing an ent private doctor tomorrow as the nhs say nothing is wrong but my Gp said no the hospital has failed to do tests and now I have to go private as I’m getting too much conflicting information
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
tomorrow I’m seeing mr ***** ***** in thornbury Sheffield because I cannot stand up alone as I move backwards and have vision problems with pain in behind eyes too - I need to rule out any issue but the hospital refuse to do any further test

A high jugular bulb is not uncommon.

It is usually asymptomatic and does not cause any symptoms.

In some persons it can be associated with tinnitus and dizziness.

However vision problems and pain in head are not caused by this. Hence although some of your symptoms may be attributed to the high jugular bulb, the other symptoms cannot be attributed to this.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok thanks for advise

Glad to help.

Wish you best of health and a quick recovery. I would like to know of your progress, please keep me informed on this thread if possible.

If you require help again, you can always come back to the JA site and ask your question. If you want me as your expert in the future, you can mark me as 'Favourite Expert' and use the “Ask me a new question” feature.