Dr Hayat
Dr Hayat, Specialty Dr Internal and Critical Care Medicine
Experience:  Expert
113699036

In church this morning my left eye showed double vision. It

In church this morning my left eye showed double vision. It cleared after. Couple of mins. However, last week I experienced double vision in both eyes. Again only for a couple of minutes so I thought I should get checked.
JA: Have you used any medication for double vision?
Customer: No.
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about double vision?
Customer: No because it has not happened before these two short bouts
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Can’t think of anything. Im79 and last summer had a bad water skiing fall. I’m having prolotherapy injections to try and stop pain in my sciatic nerve.
Hi. Dr Hayat here.  Welcome to JA

I would suggest to please get an initial eye examination at specsavers.  If its normal then need to be seen in person by a neurologist.  Will need a thorough examination and possibly scans like mri.

If the examination is not normal at specsavers then will need to see an opthalmologist.

The causes can range from ocular to pathology of cranial nerves to a more central pathology of the brain. Difficult to localise the site of the problem without examining.

Anything else I can help with please?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No thank you.

Best wishes.  Please feel free to contact me if you have any further queries or need to follow up.  I will be happy to help and guide . Have a nice day.