Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Expert
115571763

I have a very sore throat, aches and pains, a chesty cough

Customer Question

Hi there. I have a very sore throat, aches and pains, a chesty cough and a headache. I often get bronchitis and these are the regular symptoms that happen when I get it.
JA: How long have you had sore troat? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: It's been getting worse for three days now. I've taken some panadol, but now i'm getting quite sick
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about sore troat?
Customer: not yet. i'd really like to get treatment for it today as i know i'll get a lot worse overnight
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 17 days ago.
Hello! I’m Dr.Customer It is a pleassure to me to atent you
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
hi there, thanks for making time
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
are you able to give me a script?

How long ago did the symptoms start? Do you have a cough?

Dear customer, it is a pleasure to serve you, I want to tell you that this type of situation should be attended in person by a doctor who can perform a thorough physical examination, a complete medical history, the measurement of vital signs including blood pressure, the respiratory frequency and oxygen saturation are essential added of course to a chest x-ray if necessary in order to establish a specific diagnosis based on the fact that it is important to see if the situation you are experiencing is of viral or bacterial origin the highest percentage of these clinical pictures are usually of viral origin so they do not require antibiotic treatment only a small percentage of cases are generally of bacterial origin and antibiotic treatment is usually considered as a therapeutic option, initially it is always recommended to start with any type of anti-flu which contains potent analgesics and anti-inflammatory drugs such as paracetamol, antitussives such as bromhexine and antihistamines or antiallergics such as diphenhydramine which help to improve all symptoms considerably to this can be added a Paracetamol tablet of 500 mg, that is, taking a pill of anti-flu plus a tablet of Paracetamol every 8 hours should improve this situation, there are strategies for adjuvant recommendations such as increasing water intake at least 4 liters of water per day added of course to an effervescent tablet of vitamin C daily for a month which will help strengthen the immune system considerably, I would like to keep me abreast of your health situation in the coming days to know about your progress will be a pleasure to assist you and guide you in everything I can.