Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Could alckahole be the reason why my blood pressure is so

Customer Question

Could alckahole be the reason why my blood pressure is so hi and is that the reason why I can't get a full erection
JA: Is this consistent, or is there some fluctuation in blood pressure?
Customer: Yes my blood pressure goes up and down a few months ago it was normal then it went up now it is almost right but I still can't get a full erection
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 14 days ago.

Dear Customer: Greetings, this is Dr. Basu, experienced Medical Specialist and former attending physician of Harvard Medical School. I am board-certified with many years of experience. I did review your inquiry and I am hoping to give you at least some high-quality guidance here.

Please give me some time to review your concerns. Please be patient with me as I am on and off the computer so responses can be delayed at times, but I will be glad to help.

Expert:  Dr Basu replied 14 days ago.

Yes chronic alcohol consumption can cause high blood pressure as well as erection problem.

Are you taking any medication to control blood pressure?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
what must I do
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 14 days ago.

You should consider alcohol detox first to be free of alcohol.

Please also get your blood pressure treated with medication from a local doctor.

Please follow low sodium diet.

Please include lots of fresh fruits, vegetables in your diet.

Lastly, you can get prescription medication to address erection problem.

Sildenafil 25-50 mg before sexual performance can be tried safely.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No there isn't
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 14 days ago.

Please follow low sodium diet.

Expert:  Dr Basu replied 14 days ago.

Best wishes

I hope I was able to answer your question(s). If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert. You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish, again my name is Dr Basu.