Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

At what level of blood pressure should I take medication? No

at what level of blood pressure should I take medication?
JA: Have you used this medication or anything similar before?
Customer: No I have not used it
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about this?
Customer: Yes but I have been handling it naturally and it has come down and I want to know at what level I should take it
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I am not on any other medication and do not have any other physical issues

Dear Customer: Greetings, this is Dr. Basu, experienced Medical Specialist and former attending physician of Harvard Medical School. I am board-certified with many years of experience. I did review your inquiry and I am hoping to give you at least some high-quality guidance here.

Please give me some time to review your concerns. Please be patient with me as I am on and off the computer so responses can be delayed at times, but I will be glad to help.

What is your average blood pressure nowadays?

Do you have any symptom?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
My average blood pressure is 144/93 and I have no symptoms

OK how long you have this range?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I do not want to call

What natural supplement you are taking?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have had this range for a few days
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I am taking normal vitamins, plus potassium and arjuna

Ok per current guidelines Blood pressure over 140/90 for more than 3 months should be treated with medication.

If you develop any symp***** *****ke chest pain, dizziness, shortness of breath, then also treatment should be started.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
OK thanks. If I carry on and keep monitoring it and it stays in this level would I still need to take the medication?

Yes if longer than 3 months

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok and if I manage to get it down below 140/90 would that be OK?

Yes

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank You

Best wishes

I hope I was able to answer your question(s). If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert. You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish, again my name is Dr Basu.