the-good-doctor
the-good-doctor, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Medical Doctor
55099014

Can I speak to a doctor?

Customer Question

Can I speak to a doctor?
Expert:  the-good-doctor replied 17 days ago.

Hello, I'm Dr. Phil and have over 10 years of experience as a licensed medical doctor.
I am happy to assist you with this question
I will be responding shortly.

Thank you for this question and for the opportunity to help.

How can I assist you?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi I’ve had a continuous ear infection since January 2021 it comes and goes and switches ears. I’ve been to my local gp about it and I’ve done about 5-6 rounds of antibiotics, they will make it disappear for a week or so then come back. It’s really effected my hearing aswell and it’s making me pretty self conscious. It’s become so bad once I couldn’t eat as the pain spread down my jaw and I couldn’t bite down
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I hope this helps aswell, I’m a really nervous person and suffer a lot with anxiety and going to the doctors and speaking to the doctors face to face is my worst fear unfortunately so I would wait until the ear infection got so bad I couldn’t handle the pain no more so I had to go
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
These are from my NHS record
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thankyou

Thank you I am reviewing the info.  Hold tight.

Thank you for this question.

Can I ask if you have allergies?  Chronic sinus congestion?

Also, can I ask your age?

The most common cause of this would be allergies and sinus congestion.  Basically the sinus fluid cannot flow efficiently and causes recurrent infection.

I am wondering if you are on any medicines for this?  Like anti histamines or nasal sprays like flonase.

Has this been tried?

I may be offline for a bit but I can get back to you later when you reply.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi I don’t have any allergies Percept from dust makes me really wheezy. I’m 19 my DOB is 31-01-2003. I’m on no medications what so ever and I’ve never heard of sinus congestion so no I’m on no medications for this.

Thank  you for this reply.

I would try a combination of treatment to see if you can keep the ears/sinuses cleared.
I would try zyrtec daily and flonase one spray each nostril daily.

That should help prevent infections.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Could you explain a little more what Zyrtec and Flonase is please and can it be purchased in the uk or have to be prescribed by doctor

Yes it is over the counter.

You should be able to get it in the UK.

It basically reduces inflammation and fluid in the sinuses, which are connected to the ears.

I'm hoping this reduces infections.

By reducing fluids and inflammation.

Zyrtec is an antihistamine.  Any one will do.

Flonase is a steroid nasal spray.  Any one like it will do.

I'm so happy to hear that I was able to answer your question and thank you for the opportunity to help you today.
If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert.
You will have the opportunity to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thankyou, I have a few more issues I’d like to get off my chest, but it’s late here so I’m going to get some sleep but I’ll be in touch soon Thankyou

Ok no problem :)