Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Expert
115571763

Iam taking Gabapentin for my pain on a daily basis, however

Good evening Doctor,
JA: What are all your symptoms? Are you taking any medication?
Customer: Iam taking Gabapentin for my pain on a daily basis, however it does little to help with this new set of symptoms.
JA: Got it. Have you used anything besides Gabapentin for this?
Customer: Paracetemol
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I am type 2 diabetic and I have Asthma

Hello, I am Dr. Nickols M. It's a pleasure to attend to your question.

how old are you?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I am 69

What symptoms do you have?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thankyou so much
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thankyou, sadly I do not have a land line telephone
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I also suffer from fibromyalgia and osteo arthritis
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have been suffering with burning pain for three months now. It is impossible to get a G.P appointment
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
The pain is in upper left abdomen, it feels as if it is burning behind my rib cage and into my back. The pain is not all day long unless I move about doing house hold jobs or just taking my daily walk. My mobility is limited.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Can you tell me how much longer I will have to wait please?

Dear customer, it is a pleasure to be able to attend you today, I want to tell you that the pain that occurs in diabetic patients is known as neuropathic pain and is usually very particular as the treatment is not effective in most cases, with a difficult response to common analgesics, Central action inhibitors such as gabapentin and pregabalin are often very useful but must be associated with potent analgesics such as Tramadol, remember that the damage that occurs in the peripheral nerve endings of diabetic patients often trigger neuropathies that have a poor response to analgesics, for this reason a combination of gabapentin and Tramadol is always recommended, at least until the pain symptoms improve. I would like you to keep me updated on your health situation, I will be happy to help you and guide you in any way I can.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you Doctor, I was lucky enough to see a Doctor at my Surgery today. Tomorrow I have blood tests and then pretty soon after this, maybe 4-7 days I will be having a CAT Scan. I will keep you informed. Regards, Heather
You are welcome , have an excellent day
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
P.S I have Tramadol, so I will use in conjunction with the Gabapentin.Again many thanks.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi again, I have blood tests tomorrow, and awaiting a Cat Scan.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I am so delighted with with Doctor Nichols, and also the Indian Doctor who rang me. 5 Stars all the way!
You can send me tomorrow your blood tests report , I will gladly read this for you
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you Doctor, I will but the results will not be back until Wednesday

Do not worry! When you have it you can send it to me

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi Doctor Nichols,
My bloods are back, they are not getting in touch with me at the moment, I will contact them tomorrow. My hospital appointments have come through, the CT scan is on the 30th June. However I have another blood test to undergo on 27th June at the hospital for U's&E's.
I have to thank again, for the Tramadol tip as I have no pain except that which wakes me in the morning. I will email you tomorrow after I have contacted the Surgery tomorrow. Regards Heather

I am glad to have been useful to you, I remain at your disposal for any additional questions, count on me that in everything I can try to help and guide you with pleasure.