How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Nickols M Your Own Question
Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 530
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Nickols M is online now

For a few months wife has heavy bleeding pains etc she has

Customer Question

Hi there for a few months wife has heavy bleeding pains etc she has been prescribed drugs from gp today with severe pains went to hospital doctors said urine infection and was prescribed antibiotics later on she discharged some flesh rang calow hospital explaining situation etc they have not called back similar situation in 1996 miscarriage what can we do
JA: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: No injuries just lots of bleeding and pain were have a scan next month not sure what to do advice to call gp tomorrow morning she feels fine now just wondering what was the discharge
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Too be honest am not sure in women's help my wife's English is not her first language
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 16 days ago.
Hello, I am Dr Nickols M, it is a pleasure to attent to you
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 16 days ago.

How old is she?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Heavy bleeding for 2 months lots of pain and today big lump discharged from the vagina
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 16 days ago.

Does she take any medication regularly?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Just medication from the doctors and from the ae hospital today they could not perform a scan
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 16 days ago.

Ok, please give me a moment

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I can't afford the fees you wanting
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Concern is the discharge below the flesh was large
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 16 days ago.

Dear customer, it is a pleasure to attend to you today, I am very sorry for the health situation that your wife is experiencing with everything you tell me. This type of situation is considered a gynecological emergency that should be attended to as soon as possible in an emergency room; you have to keep in mind that all pelvic pain with vaginal bleeding is not a situation that should be treated at home with oral medication on an outpatient basis or at home, is a situation that should be attended as soon as possible by your doctor in the emergency room to perform a thorough physical examination from the gynecological point of view. If necessary, an ultrasound to help us determine what is happening; however can not establish any specific treatment or therapeutic strategy; I would like you to keep me abreast of the health situation of your wife. After your doctor assesses it, I will be happy to assist you and guide you in everything I can.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thankyou for your reply we had an appointment at 11.00 pm tonight it was cancelled due not being ab emergency we will speak to our gp tomorrow morning also am very surprised not my wife having a ultrasound today
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 16 days ago.
You are welcome, regards!