How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Ahmad Your Own Question
Dr Ahmad
Dr Ahmad,
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 54
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Ahmad is online now

I have a friend that is talking about ending her life, I

This answer was rated:

Good day
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have a friend that is talking about ending her life
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I know that she has taken medical tests and she has probably a blood infection
JA: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: We are talking online for the past two and a half months
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I really don't know what the doctor needs to know I know she's talking about ending her life
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
She is struggling financially, she has ended an abusive relationship a few months ago and she is 19 years old, recently her grandfather that was important in her life because she has no father had passed away, I am located in another country and therefore cannot help.
She needs to seek urgent medical advice and attend accident and emergency where community mental health team can start helping her.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
She's talking about suicide. She keeps on repeating different texts when we correspond using whatsapp. "I'm leaving this world, I don't fit in" is the kind of text that she is sending me whenever we talk.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
This is too expensive for me to pay. I need to contact somebody that can assist her. He is suicidal
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
She is suicidal.
Then please contact 999 (the emergency services) in the uk who can attend her home. In the mean time you could try and persuade her to go to ED directly.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Doctor I live in Israel. She lives in London in Westminster, I can provide you with her phone number and maybe you can contact her, I don't know how to deal with people who are suicidal

I’m sorry this is purely medical advice not an emergency service helpline

Do you have any other contact in the UK. They can call the emergency services on her behalf.
They will need her address etc
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Inshallah, she will be fine but I don't think this is a situation I do not have knowledge of how to help someone in the UK please assist me. You took an oath when becoming a doctor
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I think I have the address but I'm not sure. And I have two phone numbers I can get you
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Let me provide you with the details please.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
3 Whitehall, London SW1A 2DD, UK
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Alisa Hart is her name
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I am unsure about how accurate the address is. It could be a false address.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
44 7398 199768
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
This is one of her phone numbers

You will need to speak to another friend that you have in the UK.

Just answer is a website for medical advice and we do not have direct access to any emergency psychiatric team.

or alternatively you need to speak to her to ask her to attend her local emergency department

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I'm sorry but your reply is unsatisfying. I'm sure you can direct me to someone that deals with these kinds of issues.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I'll get back to you on this issue this conversation is not done
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Can you give me a phone number in the UK in London of professional help that I will give her and I will ask her to contact them?
I’m sorry you need to ask her to attend Accident and Emergency. That way the community psychiatric team can assess her. She can explain how she is feeling.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Again I'm unfamiliar with UK protocol in this case I have no idea what accident and emergency is, is there a hot line phone number that she can address?
I will try and get you a number of a helpline. Hold on please
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I'm waiting. thank you.

Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust

0800(###) ###-####/a>

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you.I will ask her to contact them and I hope they can assist

That’s her local urgent mental health team.

Based on the postcode you gave me. It should be open 24/7 so ask her to give them a call.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you for your help. Have a good day ahead.
No problem. Wish her all the best. She has a good friend looking out for her. Take care.
Dr Ahmad and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you