Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I tested positive for Covid for the first time on Saturday.

I tested positive for Covid for the first time on Saturday. I am triple vaccinated. Although not considered vulnerable, I am physically disabled (permanently walking with a cane) and have a history of childhood pneumonia, bronchitis and upper respiratory tract infections. It's been a long and worrying night, although I am up and about and feeling slightly better now ie breathing is easier but want advice.
JA: Are you experiencing any symptoms, such as a cough, fever, or shortness of breath?
Customer: No fever, hacking cough all of yesterday that has left me exhausted. some shortness of breath. Feels like bad upper respiratory tract infections of the past but worried it will worsen. I live alone.
JA: Got it. Where are you located? How widespread is COVID-19 in your area?
Customer: I am in Eye, Peterborough, and unsure about current Covid rates. I have no idea where I have picked this up. I was out very little all last week as I have been having problems with bad foot/leg so wanted to stay of it. Have contacted all those people I did see to inform them and none of them have any symptoms.
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Apart from pneumonia x 2 as a child, bronchitis etc, disability arises from premature birth. Can't think of anything else right now.

Welcome to Just Answer.

Answers here are for education and information.

I will respond shortly with an answer or further information request.

What are your age and gender?

What is your oxygen saturation?

Are you anxious?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Female, aged 65.
Don't know oxygen saturation.
A little anxious. Just don't want it to worsen.

Thanks for the further information.

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 3-5 minutes.

Unless you wish to speak in person, you can ignore the request for a phone call automatically generated by the website, not by me.

Your description does not point to anything serious. You would get better in a couple of days. Since you are vaccinated, the chance of it turning serious is quite low.

The following measures are likely to help you recover fast;

1) Rest

2) Plenty of liquids

3) Vitamin C and Zinc supplements.

4) Probiotics.

5) Lemon water (warm) with honey.

6) Tylenol/Ibuprofen

7) Deep breathing exercises.

8) Menthol steam inhalation.

9) Warm mist humidifier in the room.

I hope your symptoms resolve soon.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need more information.
Thanks for using JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.

You are very welcome.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

It was a pleasure to assist you.

Stay blessed.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No further questions. Thank you for your help. I did need subsequent medical intervention ie Doxycycline and an inhaler but I am now making good progress.

Thanks for the update. I appreciate it.