Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

Can I send a photo? Yes none, I will speak to them

Can I send a photo?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes none
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I will speak to them

Hello, my name is***** I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Yes, you can share a pic and I can assess it. What is your question? How can I help you?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
File attached (QQT4PSV)
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Good morning Dr. I had a football injury on Thursday. See first image. I went to the a and e that evening, to be not there is no fracture and was sent home.

How did this happen? Was it an injury?

How long back did this happen?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I woke up to Saturday morning to see the second image. I went again to a and e and was told no fracture again and it is ‘likely to be ligaments’.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Is the amount of swelling normal for ligament injury? My foot is in severe pain and I have pins and needles 24/7, since the incident. Thank you for reading.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Football tackle. Thursday evening.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I just want another opinion, as it looks and feels worse than a typical ligament injury, in my opinion. Thank you.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi Dr. , have I lost you?

Hello, I have reviewed your pics. There seems to be too much swelling and bruising for a ligament injury. There may be a fracture. You should go back to the hospital for this and ask for an Xray. A CT scan would be even more helpful.

My opinion is that there may be a fracture.

Meanwhile, the treatment for this is RICE:

Rest: give rest for 2 days.
Ice: apply ice to the ankle liberally, it will reduce the inflammation.
Compression: Compress the area with an ankle splint, available in pharmacies.
Elevation: keep the ankle elevated above the level of the heart, at night when sleeping use a pillow under the feet.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have had two x rays on it.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Cannot go back for a third, they’ll think I am taking the p

Ok you did not mention that you have had two Xrays. If you have have had Xrays and they are clear, then you need not worry about fractures. In that case fractures are ruled out, this is a soft tissue injury only. You should continue with the steps I mentioned.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok, thank you for your time. Just feels there is something else to it, with the amount of swelling in and around the foot.

Yes I understand. But with Xrays being normal there would not be fracture.