Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I had a stroke 3 years ago affecting my left arm and leg.

I had a stroke 3 years ago affecting my left arm and leg. Today my left arm and hand are "pins and needles " and my arm feels heavy .there is no pain
JA: Have you used any medication for the stroke?
Customer: I take statins and clopidogrel
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about the stroke?
Customer: I was in Boston hospital for a week
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Not sure back ache is connected!!
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
thank you
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
163;34 too much

Please dont worry about the call request, it is generated automatically by the website, not by me. I will help you through text.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
should I be worried

This is something for which you need to be careful. TIA can recur in the same area and this could be the start of another such episode. If you feel it is progressing, you should call your doctor at once or call 111.

But overall, the most likely cause for this is paresthesia.

Such sensations in various parts of the body are called Paresthesias. Tingling, pricking, burning, numbness, etc are some of the sensations felt in various parts of the body. You are having a pins and needles sensation.

Paresthesias occur due to a sensation in the nerves. This can occur due to diabetes, thyroid disorders, stress, anxiety, aging, etc. These causes need to be ruled out.

This is treated by maintaining optimum weight, proper diet, vitamin supplements, exercise, treating stress and depression will help in reducing the symptoms. You should also take Vitamin B and Vitamin E supplements which are available at all pharmacies. You should also go for regular exercise.

If these steps do not help, you need to consult a neurologist for this. You may need tests like Nerve conduction tests to diagnose your condition. Medicines like Neurontin also help in this this, discuss with your doctor.

Hope this resolves your query. If you need more help, just write back here so l can continue to assist. Stay safe!

Dr. P. Jyoti