Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Expert
115571763

Does keppra 250 mg cause diarrhea after 8 months of taking

Customer Question

Does keppra 250 mg cause diarrhea after 8 months of taking woman 64 yo
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: Paracetamol lansoprazole 30mg just since this happened and anti diarrhea tabs inhaler BP tabs
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 16 days ago.
Hello, I am Dr Nickols M, it is a pleasure to attent to you
Customer: replied 16 days ago.

How old are you?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
64
Please give me a moment

Dear customer, it is a pleasure to attend to you today, I want to tell you that you have nothing to worry about, levetiracetam which is the drug Keppra does not produce diarrhea, much less after so many months of consuming the drug, typically the gastrointestinal adverse reactions are usually triggered within the first week of treatment, so this diarrhea you are experiencing is probably of food origin, the recommendation is to start with enterogermina every 8 hours for five days and a large intake of water of at least 4 liters of water per day to replace the losses.