Anthony Osula
Anthony Osula, Doctor
Experience:  MB ChB DRCOG
106915327

I have a bulging feeling in uterus I feel like it's a

Customer Question

I have a bulging feeling in uterus I feel like it's a prolapse I have all the pain with it and I can't get a scan or have been given any treatment plan
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: Sitting makes it worse and I've had thr pain 2 weeks now I've had to come off work and standing aggravates it
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I haven't had my period but I'm not pregnant
Expert:  Anthony Osula replied 16 days ago.
Thanks for using just answer

How old are you

Do you have children, and if so any history of prolonged or difficult child birth?

Do you smoke?

Do you do pelvic floor exercises?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
42
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have one child yes birth was difficult was fontuse delivery am quite active i do sits ups and regularly do pelvic exercises

Have you been examined?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
My Dr felt my stomach and said it's sounds like a prolapse however 40 week wait for a scan meanwhile I'm just left to get on with it and it sheer utter pain

You need a vaginal examination too. An abdominal examination wont tell you much information

But with vaginal, you can actually see the prolapse without the need for a scan.

You need to go back to your Dr to request this exam to be done. Usually you're laid on your left, a speculum is inserted and you push down similar to pushing a baby, and if prolapse , your Dr should feel or see something.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Yeah I've been to my Dr four times already with this issues and was given painkillers and told to contact thr incontence clinic and self refer to there where they also have a waiting list

Your second option will be for your Dr to actually refer you to gynaecology, however if long waiting lisr also as I suspect, you can consider going privately if affordable.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Yeah I fear going private is my only option because the pain I've got is next level just sitting down is uncomfortable and walking is worse I've had to take a week off work

I think that will have to be the next step, do you have private cover?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I don't have any cover I don't even know if there is anything my work do with perks at work

You should find out at work, but then you could be waiting 3 months before you're allowed to use your cover as pre-existing problem

If thats the case,  you should look locally for private gynaecologist

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Shud may e try that thanx for the help

you're welcome