Dr Kay
Dr Kay, Doctor
Experience:  Expert
114883404

I think I've got a blocked vein in my leg after fracturing a

I think I've got a blocked vein in my leg after fracturing a bone in my foot 3 months ago.
JA: What are all your symptoms? Have you talked to a doctor about the fracture?
Customer: I went to the minor injuries unit several times. No treatment was suggested for the fractured metatarsal, just rest, which is OK bcause over 3 months this has healed. However, I noticed the swelling was not going away. Then lasst week I started getting pain. To cut to the quick, online diagnosis suggests I have 'superficial thrombophlebitis of my lower leg'. It suggested I get immediate help.Should i go to A&E or back to the minor injuries unit?
JA: The Doctor will be able to answer that. Have you seen a doctor about the fracture?
Customer: No.
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No, I am generally healthy. The vein that is giving me problems was slightly varicose though, a bit 'knotty'.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
hi

Can you share a pic ?

If anything is available on skin?

Is the leg warm and red?

Its looking more swollen than other leg?

This test in video Drs do to check for deep vein blockage.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It is red over the hardened vein. It is more swollen than the other leg

If this test is postive and rest of signs are there as well then you need to see your doctor.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I will go and see a doctor I think

Yes. Thats a wise option.

For this you need to go emergency.

Its always an emergency as you need clot removal.