Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, including surgery, general medicine, and pain.
18722459

I was stung by a wasp as I woke up 13 hours ago and came out

I was stung by a wasp as I woke up 13 hours ago and came out in a rash all over my chest and began to feel on edge but this is due to my major health anxiety problem hence why I’m even writing this now, but I’ve noticed I’ve started to develop a sore throat when I swallow I’m not feeling out of breath yet but I’m concerned this is going to be a late anaphylactic shock.
I’ve never had one before and this is also my first time being stung by a wasp any help please?
Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

You aren't going into shock

Minor side effects to the sting

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
My sore throat is gradually getting worse I’ve noticed is this anything to be concerned about?

Nothing to be concerned about

Just take ibuprofen

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I don’t have any ibuprofen at the moment but I’m guessing I don’t need it realistically if it’s nothing to be concerned about

Nothing to be concerned about

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Would something of happened when I first got stung if it was bad

Yes

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Okay thank you sir I just have bad anxiety and the worse my throat gets the worse my fears get and I convince myself I’ve got something I don’t have

You're welcome

I'm here if you ever need me again

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks doc

My pleasure