Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Expert
115571763

I’ve been on metformine over a week now and I’m concerned

Customer Question

I’ve been on metformine over a week now and I’m concerned I’ve had constant stomach cramp for 10hrs and I think my hernia on belly button is slightly swollen
JA: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: for 10hrs but no vomiting
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I’ve recently found out I’m diabetes 2
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 10 days ago.
Hello, I am Dr Nickols M, it is a pleasure to attend to you

How old are you?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
56
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Bad pain in abdomen

In which area of the following image do you feel the pain?

Dear customer, it is a pleasure to serve you today; I want to tell you that metformin does not produce the stomach symptoms you are experiencing; these symptoms seem to be more associated with alterations of gastrointestinal origin by an allergic reaction or food poisoning, which can be adequately resolved by abundant hydration of at least 3 to 4 L of water per day added of course to a decrease in processed foods such as flour, carbohydrates, bread, ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, canned pickles, and sausages, it may also be helpful to start hyoscine every 8 hours for a day or two for stomach upset.

I would like you to update me on your health situation in the next few days to know about your evolution; I will be happy to assist you and guide you in everything I can.